Friday, March 27, 2009

Who here has seen Australia?

Okay, like yesterday I watched the movie Australia. Let me tell you, it is something I do not wanna watch again.
It was over 2 hours of PURE lame acting. The actors had such cheesy expressions and syrupy lines. It seemed like the kind of "romance-action" film that would appeal to an 11 year old. I love how t epitomizd the "strong man" (who was hideous and oiled....ew...) andt he "feminine" woman (who was a stick, I swear they stuffed her clothes). Their acting was so bad and predictable that I had more fun guessing at what point they were going to have their next "epic" kiss. The entire reason i sat around for 2 hours was to watch the action sequence. And guess what? BOOM BOOM BAM! in 5 seconds it's over.
It was not just the acting that was hideous, but the entire storyline. I mean, there's a scene with this kid who stops an entire stampede with his "aboriginal" magic. Then there's some old guy in a diaper dancing around who i THINK is supposed to be metaphorical in some way, but i'm not sure. Other than those stupid parts, there was also the fact that nobody could eer accomplish what they did. There's like 4 of them and they herd a whole ton of cattle across Australia.
The little kid in the movie who was a "halfie" really annoyed me. He had to exagerate every other word to make it seem like he was some naive kid and the entire plot is supposed to be shrouded around him and his destiny.
All in all, it was an awful movie and I'd reccomend it if you have 2 hours to kill.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. That's sooo true! Nicole Kidman had too much botox too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew, i know, she's a walking skeleton.

    ReplyDelete